Friday, January 11, 2008

What in the world are we doing?????

We have put a contingent offer on a property. We need to sell our current residence. So we are experiencing our first time to have a house on the market. Yikes! But more exciting and overwhelming is the property we have put the offer on. It's owned by the parents of a friend I used to work with. They would really like us to live there and even told us to offer $45,000 less than the listing price. It's a 1985 Fleetwood 1080 sq ft (at least they have taken very good care of it). But its also a beautiful 19.4 acres with great potential (lots of blackberries). Money will be tight but we believe that God provided an opportunity that we wouldn't have otherwise. And Kent saw some buck rubs :). There are two creeks and some great places for forts including the attic of the 20x48 shop/garage/office. Maybe I'm going to end up living like Mom after all. I will post some pictures if I get some.

Anyway, I can't show you the listing on the property we are hoping to buy because they removed it from the RMLS after our offer instead of keeping it on as "bumpable". But here's our listing (we're going to make a couple changes like adding the raised garden beds and fruit trees, etc...let us know if you know of anyone who wants it!!

http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?IS=1&ListingID=31305400

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Your current home is beautiful. I have some friends who recently moved to OR, just outside of Portland. Unfortunately, they are not really in a house-buying part of their lives, but I will still pass it on to them. Maybe they know someone...

Donella :)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home