Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Memorial Day Hike



Hi everyone!! It's been awhile since I've posted, but summer is almost here and we cannot wait!! Busy, Busy, Busy... Anyway, Ralph, Jacob, Rachel and I went on a hike to a big rock on the hills above our house on Memorial Day. It was a gorgeous day, a little hazy, but not blistering hot. It was quite windy up there, but the view was incredible. We could see the ocean on one side and Palomar Mountain on the other. It was too hazy to see the San Bernadino mountains, but we took some pictures around and down the valley. If you look closely and know what you are looking for, you can see the corner of our house and the metal shed. It is in about the center of the picture, a little to the southeast. To the left on the green grass, you can see a very small white blob that happens to be Sonny waiting patiently at the gate for attention. I'm posting a couple pictures of him, too, because he has really grown. He is totally destroying our front yard, chewing on whatever he can find, and digging holes. My hibiscus and hydrangeas and camellia or still hanging on, maybe they'll survive this puppy stage... Anyway, hope you all had a good Memorial day.

1 Comments:

Blogger BBarringer said...

Looks like you went to a different rock than we did last time we were there. Sure is a nice view from up there. Did you get yer britches torn up?

I can see your house, just because I have a similar picture from a little different angle so I know where to look.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home