Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's cold down there!




Well my first cold water dive is under my belt... er, wetsuit. Water temp was 41, air temp was about 50. Water clarity in this strip pit was really good, about 50 feet. There is a lot of flooded timber down there and some interesting artifacts (cars, etc.) I was happy for a heavy wetsuit, hood and gloves. Although those first few minutes are quite a shock. This sure ain't like diving in Cozumel!

Last night I left my wet stuff in the pickup when I got home. When I went out to get it this morning it was frozen stiff. At least now I can say I have done my coldwater dive. I am going again on Friday to a different pit where we should see a lot more fish. I have ordered an underwater digital camera, something I have wanted for a long time. So I should be able to post some real interesting pics when it arrives.

1 Comments:

Blogger juanitagf said...

Brrr! I am getting cold just thinking about it. But it sure sounds like fun. I really want to learn to dive.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home