March sloppiness


Last night we had one of those spring snows that comes down wet and hangs on everything. March is like that. It is sure pretty but the stuff on the trees will not last since it is supposed to be the warmest day of the year so far today (high about 40). We still have a couple feet of November-December snow on the ground but it won't be long now as it is usually gone by the first of April.
Nature sometimes baffles me, and one of those things are what I call snow fleas. I do not know if they have a different name. I tried to take a close-up pic but they are sooooo small. These are insects that are like fleas that just appear in the spring when you get a wet snow. Where they come from or where they go or what they eat or do is anyboy's guess. I do not understand how they can survive below freezing temps. Just baffles me what the life cycle of these little bugs could be. I guess it is one of those things that we may never figure out.

3 Comments:
It's amazing how just a couple hundred miles can make such a difference in weather. We had rain and borderline thunderstorms yesterday, and haven't had more than a few inches of snow for at least a month (really most of the winter). This morning at 7am, driving to work, my little thermometer said 37 degrees! Let me tell you, I'm ready for it! The sooner the better, in my book! But I'm sure you are able to have a lot of fun with all that snow. Here, we don't have much snow, and it's just plain cold. Nothing worse than below freezing temps, and not even able to enjoy the sight of snow. Just dead leaves around here. *sigh*
I heard there hasn't been much snow in the Twin Cities. And I also heard that Iowa has been snow free most of the winter.
It would probably be ten dgrees warmer here today if it weren't for all the snow on the ground. Sun is shining nice and it sure looks like spring with the snowmelt running off the roof. Bring it on.
By the way thanks for taking the time to do the post about your house. I am looking forward to seeing it sometime.
Any time you want to come down, we'd love to have you! It's too bad I missed the message from Cody until it was too late. Would have been nice to see them too.
Post a Comment
<< Home