Thursday, August 03, 2006

Backyard neighbors




I have a motion-sensing trail camera mounted on a tree in the woods behind the house (we call it the campground for those of you who are familiar with out place).

I put out some deer minerals and feed molasses just to see what we had living on our place with us and I have about 100 pictures of what looks to be six different deer. Our neighbor to the north had a bear walk across his driveway in broad daylight the other day and this camera is only about 100 yards from his house so maybe I'll get a pic of the bear too.

6 Comments:

Blogger juanitagf said...

And we just have raccoons in our backyard.

I think I would like the deer, but a bear...

12:23 PM  
Blogger BBarringer said...

They taste about the same!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jan/The Mom said...

The middle picture has that "deer caught in headlights" look. Must have been doing something naughty.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Cori Lewis said...

Put a couple of fish out back and I think you will have your bear... either that or a fowl smell

11:03 AM  
Blogger BBarringer said...

I have half a ton of chocolate covered cherries ready to go for bear season. They really don't care much for fish and anything stinky, but they sure go for fruit, fresh meat and sweets.

I am tempted to put a bait out but I hate to have them hanging around the house. They would really destroy all my bird feeders. My nearest bait is about a mile away.

7:01 AM  
Blogger BBarringer said...

By the way, if you go back to the beginning of May on this site I put an entry on the cherries with a pic.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home