Monday, March 27, 2006

New Sport






Well the snow is all melted off the pond but there is still about two feet of ice, so in our continual search for adrenaline, we created a new sport this weekend. Not sure what to call it yet but it should have something about your life passing before your eyes in the title. It goes like this, you tie a rope to a four-wheeler and have someone tow you around on the ice. When the driver turns you shoot around the outside at about 50 miles per hour. The drive rhas to keep accelerating to keep you from passing which creates a rather vicious circle of speed and turning that creates more speed, until someone put an eye out. Actually, if you wipe out they have to pick up the pieces and patch you back together. you can slide 50 yard without the sled when you part with it, but make sure you have your body well covered yor you will leave a trail of skin behind you.

We tried it with a snowboard but it didn't work very well. That round saucer sled was a riot. It is really something to be going that fast on a little piece of plastic that close to the ground. But after all, we are a bunch of adrenaline junkies I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger juanitagf said...

I wanna play! I think... Ouch.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Donella said...

I'd like winter a whole lot more if I had access to that kind of fun!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger K.M.T.C. Hemp said...

is that something i could do with a broken hand? Or maybe that happens when you do it :) Awsome past time for young boys. Wish we could do it too.

8:30 AM  
Blogger BBarringer said...

I do not think you could hold on with one hand for long! We went back out Monday evening and it was getting a little slushy on top, it's been in the 40's for three straight days and I saw a beaver sitting on top of the ice so I think the party is about over for this year. There is still a lot of safe ice in the main part of the pond but the edges are getting pretty soft.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home