Power Drive
We just got back from a trip to the coast. 250 miles for a Sundays drive. It was a beautiful day with some sun and little more rain. Our first stop was at Elderberry Inn about 60 miles west of Portland for a off the diet breakfast. Then on a very narrow road to Jewel where there is an Elk preserve. The first herd of Elk was close to the road and I counted 95 elk or there abouts. Down the road a bit farther was 2 more herds with about 50 in each. On to Astoria to look at the mouth of the Columbia River with its very tall bridge and streches for about 5 miles. Loretta said no thanks when I offered to drive across to WA side!! We went on down to Seaside and never got out of the truck. No place to park. By the way do not go to Seaside on the spring school break or any time as Juanita told me!!!
We spend some time on the beach which proved to be interesting. First I am glad the truck has been loaded with tools for AZ as it would have been full of drift wood that Loretta was gathering to grace our yard in AZ. When leaving the beach I spotted something floating on the breakers about 150 yards out. It looked worth waiting for so stood at the water line for about 20 minutes watching the breakers push it in. It turn out to be a ball about 20 inches round with four eye hooks on it. Covered with barnicals and smelly it too went in the truck to travel to AZ to grace the desert yard. I do need too know what it is and where it came from (Japan) before showing it off. Any Ideas? It will have to be strapped to the top of the truck canopy as there is no room for it otherwise. I hope by the time we arrive in AZ some one can help us out, or at least buy it off us for a tank of gas!!
Our last stop was at Tillamook Cheese. You could not walk in the place for so many people. The big disappointment to me was only one trip through the sample cheese line as it was too long for a second trip.
After 8 hours and 250 miles we came back to a house full of boxes and no bed. We sold the bed and left it on the patio for the new owner to pick up while on our Sunday drive.
Good Night to you and to me a pad on the floor. Loretta gets my couch as it is still here. Thats the kind of Husband I am!!!!
We spend some time on the beach which proved to be interesting. First I am glad the truck has been loaded with tools for AZ as it would have been full of drift wood that Loretta was gathering to grace our yard in AZ. When leaving the beach I spotted something floating on the breakers about 150 yards out. It looked worth waiting for so stood at the water line for about 20 minutes watching the breakers push it in. It turn out to be a ball about 20 inches round with four eye hooks on it. Covered with barnicals and smelly it too went in the truck to travel to AZ to grace the desert yard. I do need too know what it is and where it came from (Japan) before showing it off. Any Ideas? It will have to be strapped to the top of the truck canopy as there is no room for it otherwise. I hope by the time we arrive in AZ some one can help us out, or at least buy it off us for a tank of gas!!
Our last stop was at Tillamook Cheese. You could not walk in the place for so many people. The big disappointment to me was only one trip through the sample cheese line as it was too long for a second trip.
After 8 hours and 250 miles we came back to a house full of boxes and no bed. We sold the bed and left it on the patio for the new owner to pick up while on our Sunday drive.
Good Night to you and to me a pad on the floor. Loretta gets my couch as it is still here. Thats the kind of Husband I am!!!!

2 Comments:
I am on Loretta's side when it comes to that bridge... crossed it once, and I never plan on doing it again!
There's actually a road race that crosses the bridge every fall. Anyone want to do it with me?
Post a Comment
<< Home