Tooting My Own Horn...
Excuse me while I tell you what a fantastic auntie I am. It is a cold and miserable evening--raining cats and dogs. At 6:15, my phone rings and an 8 year old little voice says, "Aunt Juanita, will you do me a favor." She loves animals and has been researching mice, gerbils and hamsters. She knows the best kind of cages, food, bedding and anything else about their environment.
Well, in her search for the perfect cage for her future pets, she has been watching Craig's List. Tonight she found the perfect one and within her budget. However, it is close to my house and far from hers. So, T, in her sweet little voice asks me to pick it up. Now, I cannot say no to a request like that, even though I had just gotten home and I don't like driving at night in the rain. I am back in my warm home relaxing. There is a hamster cage in the backseat of my car. I am truly the most wonderful aunt that ever existed.
Note: Please take this post with tongue firmly implanted in the check.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home