Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Era

O.K. well, I guess I have officially entered the era of "when I was a little girl". I decided to make popcorn cake for the New Year's Eve party. Corban was very enthusiastic as usual to help. I told him we were going to make pop corn cake and to do this we were going to make popcorn in a new and special way. Well, still when he got the stool to stand on, he pulled it up to the microwave. When I tried to explain, I realized by the confused look on his face that I had probably never popped popcorn any other way than the microwave in his life. So, here it comes, "When I was a little girl we popped popcorn on the stove instead of in the microwave." Still no comprehension. Kent was kind enough to point out that when I was a little girl there weren't microwaves. So, we popped popcorn on the stove and it was an exciting novelty. Kent's suggestion of puting a glass lid on the pot worked well and Talitha, Corban and the neighbor friend all thought it was pretty amazing to see popcorn jump.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cori Lewis said...

What was it like not to have a microwave in your day?

5:07 PM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Well, leftovers were a pain to reheat. Popcorn took more work and concentration. And one had to actually boil water on the stove for tea and hot chocolate!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home