Dawn
So soon, the day begins
Again.
Struggle free of the darkness
Light enters in.
Beginning of the dawn,
Or the ending of the darkness?
I cannot tell
Yet.
I wish I could sing
As freely as the birds.
Let my voice carry
Through the gray.
But, still the dawn
always comes
Gently, violently,
Completely
A new day.
Be still my soul and wait
For the dawn always comes beautifully.
Hungry habits gone.
Breathtaking life breathes.
Peaceful quiet still.
Wholesome hearts whole.
Dawn, find beauty in the stirring of the dark
Every morning.
In the song of the bird,
In the color of the cloud,
In the speech of the intimate,
Darkness is destroyed at last.
Pushed out, dismissed.
Until it's time is allowed
Then we sleep blessed
Until the Dawn.
So soon, the day begins
Again.
Struggle free of the darkness
Light enters in.
Beginning of the dawn,
Or the ending of the darkness?
I cannot tell
Yet.
I wish I could sing
As freely as the birds.
Let my voice carry
Through the gray.
But, still the dawn
always comes
Gently, violently,
Completely
A new day.
Be still my soul and wait
For the dawn always comes beautifully.
Hungry habits gone.
Breathtaking life breathes.
Peaceful quiet still.
Wholesome hearts whole.
Dawn, find beauty in the stirring of the dark
Every morning.
In the song of the bird,
In the color of the cloud,
In the speech of the intimate,
Darkness is destroyed at last.
Pushed out, dismissed.
Until it's time is allowed
Then we sleep blessed
Until the Dawn.

1 Comments:
Did you write that? It is very nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home