Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rebecca May Larson

Okay so my definition of soon is a little hazy but at least I'm posting now, right? Okay so let me tell you what is going on with me. First, I just quit my job at Kohl's. Yay! I am extremely happy that I no longer have to work there, my last day is Dec. 6th. I'm not exactly sure what my next job will be but I look forward to a little break from work. Second, I have almost finished the first semester of my second year at Palomar College. Next semester I don't think I will be taking any classes but I will work full time and save my money to go to The Master's College in the fall.
This semester at college I am taking Photography, Speech, and American Sign Language. Photography is fun and frustrating; It's fun because I like learning how to compose photographs and about shutter speeds and depth of field and such. Yet it is frustrating because my class is black and white photography and I have discovered that I don't really like black and white photography. It is also frustrating because we use the lab and so we have develop our own film and prints which takes a lot of time and a lot of money. I can't wait until my class is done so I can start taking color pictures and send the film to Wal-Mart for them to develop. Speech is a nightmare, seriously, we have an insane amount of research to do for our speeches and besides that I hate talking in front of people. Most of our speeches are on polotics which makes the research that much harder because it is so boring. American Sign Language has been an eye opener. I thought that it would be an easy class where we just learn a couple signs and have fun. Little did I realize how wrong I was. ASL is truly a different language, the sentence structure is different than that of regular english, and I struggle with grammar just like I did when I took Spanish. For our final we have to stand in front of the class and tell a story in ASL, which will be hard and scary! Well that's all I have to say about school.
I'm anxiously waiting Sarah's return from Israel in a couple weeks. It has been fun to look at her pictures and share in the expeience with her. I can't wait to hear all her stories when she gets home. I am also excited about going to Minnesota this December for Crystal's wedding. I'm not too thrilled about the temperature of Minnesota in December, considering that I was born and raised in Sunny California. Yet I look forward to the event with anticipation and joy at seeing my cousin married.
Well that's all I have to tell for now.
Bye All!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yah for Becca posting on a blog!! I am anxiously looking forward to coming home and seeing you! I love you!

6:40 AM  
Blogger juanitagf said...

Well, at least your speech class will come in handy for your ASL final.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Cori Lewis said...

it took me a long time to over come the ASL sentence structure, but it is such a beautiful language!!! keep it up!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Cori Lewis said...

PS.... I love this web site http://asl.ms/ it lets you practice. I am pretty competitive so I always try to out do myself :-).

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home